Local Need Closer than you think
Many seem to view the foster care crisis as something that exists “out there somewhere”.
- In every state, including yours;
- In every county, including yours;
- In every urban area, including yours;
- In every community, including yours.
What about the state in which you live? Let’s break it down.
If you live in:
- Connecticut-there are approximately 4,500 youth in foster care;
- Maine-there are approximately 2,100 youth in foster care;
- Massachusetts-there are approximately 10,500 youth in foster care;
- New Hampshire-there are approximately 1500 youth in foster care;
- Rhode Island-there are approximately 3,000 youth in foster care;
- Vermont-there are approximately 1,300 youth in foster care.
In short, foster care is a local need that exists right where you live. In your “backyard” are children who need a safe, nurturing family-and, just perhaps, that family is yours.