"There are no unwanted children-only unfound families." L.Touhy
- Most of them are school age-the average age of a waiting child is about 8
- They come from many different ethnic backgrounds
- They bring with them unique personalities and gifts…and yes, at times, challenges
- They have been in care for several years-the average length of time that an adopted child has been in care is 38 months
- They need the love, support, and security of a family that cares
The Christian has a good Biblical motivation to receive such children into his home. As God has, at great cost to himself, made room in his family for us, so too, we can make room for a child in need around us-even when it comes with great physical, emotional, and financial cost.
The path of adoption is filled with joy and sorrow; highs and lows; victories and defeats-but through it, the legacy of a child can be transformed forever.
If you have are interested in the possibility of adoption but need help to navigate the process, contact us for an adoption consultation. We will inform you of the process, connect you with helpful resources and local agencies, and, of course, answer all of your questions. Should you decide to pursue adoption, we can continue to support you along your journey! If you would like an adoption consultation, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org!