Many see the foster care crisis and believe there is no hope for real change.
Many do…but not all.
Fostering Hope envisions a different kind of future.
We see a day when:
- A robust and sustainable culture of adoptive and foster care permeates the local church community. Note the word culture. Our vision demands more than raising up a few Christians here and there to become foster or adoptive families. Rather, it demands the cultivation of a culture in which the entire community is playing a role.
- Safe, nurturing homes exist for every child in need. Why can’t the script be flipped? Instead of excess foster youth waiting for safe, nurturing foster and adoptive families, there should be an excess of safe, nurturing foster and adoptive families who are waiting for foster youth who need them!
- The number of waiting children in New England is reduced to ZERO! We call this Project ZERO. That’s ZERO children waiting for a safe, loving foster or adoptive family. Thus, we work to raise up foster and adoptive families who are equipped and supported to serve well.
- The underlying issues that result in the need for foster and adoptive care services are more effectively addressed. This will lead to a reduction in the need for foster and adoptive care families.
- The glory of God’s adopting love shines brightly as the church community selflessly loves the entire foster care community.
If you find your heart resonating with this vision, contact us to see how you can be part of it!